Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My First Post

It feels wonderful and exciting to think I'm going to be creating some art pieces again! Even though I've been designing clothing, it's not what my heart wants to do. It's become nothing more than a source of money for incidentals. A job.
Here's my intention:
To find my sketch book and draw something or paint something in it every single day. To take it with me like it's an extra appendage that I can't live without. I must create images. If I don't I find them coming to me in my dreams. Asking to be released.
I'm excited about the new Artist Trading Cards groups I've joined! I signed up for two swaps, one a general, anything goes swap, and the other titled 'Women'... that one should be good!! I hope to stay away from the overused and abused goddess iconography. We must be MORE than that by now!!
Some photos to inspire myself; to remind myself of what I use to be able to do:

2 Comments:

Blogger treasurefield said...

Hi there! Your drawings/paintings are awesome! Wow!
You wrote: "I hope to stay away from the overused and abused goddess iconography. We must be MORE than that by now!!"
I AGREE!! :-)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Hard Working Woman said...

Thanks for your kind words!! I'm sure we're SUPER Goddesses by now!!
Namaste!!
Jill

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home